FAMILY DOG INTERVENTION.ORG
Nothing can compare to the cruelty and humiliation of a dog being demoted from a couple’s first child to just a family dog.
Become a Sponsor with FAMILY DOG INTERVENTION.org
HOW WE HELP FAMILY DOGS
Each year millions of dogs go from top dog to sleeping in the doghouse because of the birth of an infant. 350,000 human babies are born into the world each day, and with 44% of American households owning at least one dog, this means about half[i] of those babies go home to a newly neglected dog.
The cruelty will shock you:
- Many of these canines were accustomed to barking as often as they wanted and now they are nudged in the ribs when they bark at the mailman in the middle of the afternoon.
- Their whole life they slept in bed with their owners, how are they to adjust to a thin dog bed with zero thread count?
- They used to get cuddled on demand, now their only physical touch occurs as they are pushed behind baby gates.
- They go from regular walks at the dog park to being shoved into the backyard where they must defecate in a confined space with no new smells.
- They used to enjoy eating the highest quality dog food three times a day, followed by a dessert of fresh butcher shop bones. Now they are being fed a pile of Old Roy on a paper plate every other Thursday.
- Accustomed to weekly swimming in the ocean or at a lake, the family dog now only gets wet when they are forgotten in the backyard during a rainstorm.
At Family Dog Intervention .org we try to prevent the neglect of family dogs by providing new parents with a dog sponsor. As a nonprofit canineitarian organization, we strive to help dogs overcome the burdens of being in a family with small children. Become a family dog sponsor today and fight back against the inevitable neglect that new human children create.
THE DOGS DID NOT CHOOSE THIS
Many of these dogs were adopted into childless families and became used to a life filled with rides in the car, daily walks, physical affection, routine vet care, grooming and regular feedings.
Luckily some dogs are freed from the entrapment of family life either because families claim their new children have allergies or because the dog’s “aggressive” reaction to their neglect. Still a large percentage of dogs stay in the family household after being demoted to just a family dog. These animals are often forgotten for minutes at a time in crates, behind baby gates, and even horrifically, in the backyard.
How Sponsorship Helps
Your sponsorship ensures your sponsored dog receives support through every phase of his or her new human baby’s life:
- the infant crying stage (also known as I get kicked a lot.)
- the tail pulling stage
- the trying to make the dog a horse stage
- Finally the most insulting: “this dog is too old and doesn’t want to fetch with me. I want a puppy.” stage
What is Sponsorship?
Sponsorship is an incredibly powerful way to help one dog break the bonds of being a neglected family dog. It connects you with an individual dog that desperately needs your help, and lets you provide life-changing benefits to that dog for a low monthly contribution. Sponsorship is your chance to build a lifelong friendship with an impoverished dog, one that will alter the course of his or her final dog years.
Family dog sponsorship unites dogs in need with individual sponsors who wish to address the dog’s immediate and basic needs, and gives them the tools and opportunities necessary for success, like trips to the vet, regular walks, physical affection, and playing with toys.
Where Your Donation Goes
This sponsorship provides money that goes directly to the dogs so that they have groomers, walkers, petters, play mates and healthy food.
Don’t let another day go by where a family dog is forced to eat generic kibble. Become a sponsor today!
[i] Check our math. 44% of 350,000 is 154,000. 154,000 dogs become forgotten each day in America. That is 56,210,000 dogs a year, which is 75% of the entire American population of dogs in one year. So imagine in just 5 years, 281 million dogs will be neglected! Unless you help now, that is a third of the whole world’s dog population that is at risk of neglect. 9677230218%^$#(*&)(&988-02e1241-0 (ß——-Look at these complicated numbers. We need your money! )